Excellent characteristics of 5083 grade marine aluminum:
1. Low density: The density of 5083 grade marine aluminum is close to 2700kg/m3, which is about 35% of the density of iron.
2. Reinforceable: 5083 grade marine aluminum can more than double its strength through cold working. And it can be alloyed by adding magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, silicon, lithium, scandium and other elements, and then further strengthened by heat treatment, and its specific strength is comparable to high-quality alloy steel.
3. Easy to process: Aluminum can be cast by any casting method. Aluminum has good plasticity and can be rolled into thin plates and foils; drawn into tubes and filaments; extruded into various civil profiles; it can be machined, milled, bored, and planed at the maximum speed that most machine tools can reach.
4. Corrosion resistance: A dense and strong Al2O3 protective film is easily formed on the surface of 5083 aluminium marine and its alloys. This protective film can only be destroyed by the intense action of halogen ions or alkali ions. Therefore, aluminum has good resistance to atmospheric (including industrial atmosphere and ocean vapor) corrosion and water corrosion. It can resist the corrosion of most acids and organics. It adopts corrosion inhibitor to resist weak alkali corrosion; adopts protective measures to improve the corrosion resistance of aluminum alloy.
5. No low temperature brittleness: Aluminum below zero degrees Celsius, as the temperature decreases, the strength and plasticity will not decrease, but will increase.
6. Good electrical and thermal conductivity: Aluminum’s electrical and thermal conductivity is second only to silver, copper and gold.
7. Strong reflectivity: The reflectivity of the polished aluminum surface to white light is over 80%. The higher the purity, the higher the reflectivity. At the same time, aluminum has good reflection properties for infrared, ultraviolet, electromagnetic waves, and heat radiation.
8. Non-magnetic, no sparks from impact.
9. There is sound absorption.
10. Resistant to nuclear radiation.
5083 grade marine aluminum has good ductility, formability, weldability and corrosion resistance; after anodizing, it can further improve the corrosion resistance and obtain a beautiful surface; application scope: mainly produces plates and strips. It is suitable for making various deep drawing products and is widely used in various fields from cookware to industrial equipment.
Surface quality requirements of 5083 grade marine aluminum
1. The surface of the board should be clean, no cracks and oxide impurities are allowed.
2. The surface of the sheet is allowed to have defects such as depression, scratches, roll indentation, but the depth cannot exceed the allowable negative deviation of the sheet, and the minimum thickness is guaranteed.
3. 5083 grade marine aluminum thick plate allows the peeling part of the coating layer and the air bubbles in the coating layer.
4. Defects within the thickness difference range allowed on the surface of the sheet.